Welcome to a different view on Pregnancy and Birth!

I hope to inspire women to see their bodies a beautiful and capable vessels in childbirth. To see the end of the oppression of women in birthing situations by hospitals, Obs, and midwives. To see birth how God intented it to be...intimate.







Monday, July 19, 2010

Today is My VBAC boy's 12th Birthday!!


Twelve years ago today I victoriously birthed my son! It was an amazing experience to feel him being born and to have the unbearable urge to push him out. Also the recovery was great! I was up and running around in no time! My poor sleep deprived husband looked worse then I did! It was a hospital birth because I didn't really know to much about homebirths and midwives let alone unassited birth. His birth was definately a powerful defining moment in my life..But what came after his birth made me distrust the medical field. I had just birthed this beautiful, healthy 7lbs9oz baby boy and got to look in to his beautiful blue eyes for just a moment when the nurses decided to whisk him away so I could shower..to this day I regret that. Because I had no clue where they took him and what they did to him. My husband never even go to hold his newborn son. The next day was no better..the nurses told me I could go shower and they would look after my baby. So I naively went and showered and from the shower could here the screams of my son. So without even drying off I quickly put on my clothes and discovered the nurse (who had a guilty look on her face) poking my sons heel for his PKU test. I would later discover that there is a much better way to do this test..Midwives often warm up the heel first and then while the baby is nursing they do a little prick and because the heel is warm the blood flows much easier, avoiding the possibility of needing to reprick the heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment